Monday 1 June 2009

Typical English Weather??!!!

Well, here I am sittijng at the computamabob in a pair of shorts and nought else because in the summer the far north tower is like an incinerator. I have a thermometer going up to 27 and its way beyond that. Still, can't wait for Sunday when the missus and I are jetting off to the sunny climate of North Africa for a well deserved fortnight break. Of course, being of the male persuasion I haven't even thought about packing anything yet...probably do it in ten minutes on Saturday evening. 

Painting wise I am currently making a few adjustments to some Magister Militum baggage camels bought at Derby last year. So far added some javelins to one, glued on a tied up blanket onto another and bent a few necks for pose variety. There will be 4 or 5 of them on a base, so should look quite nice. 

Latest thoughts are gearing towards a Chin castle. Seen some pics on the web of some place stuck at the end of Great Wall which has possibilities or I may even go for a generic type; undecided as yet. (The Russian castle is on temporary hold coz it's so bl***y labour intensive!) Also I have found a use for all those long wooden stirrers that I helped myself to in various outlets of a certain meat-in-a-bun chain of 'food' stores knowing that they would be useful one day. Well that day has arrived -no fanfare required- they are going to be used in the construction of my siege towers to use against said castle.  

See you all in three weeks.

Keep your bristles straight,

Mick

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good blog!

Subedai said...

Thanks for that. Sorry about the delay in answering.
Although the original intention was purely for 10mm, as usual, events, circumstances and other varied wargaming bits and pieces haveled to a more expansionist attitude.